October has not been the heady delight of that first month of managing my money, which is to be expected.
First of all let’s see how I did with my:
- Track every cent outgoing for the month of October - didn't happen
- No use of credit cards in October - didn't happen
- Pay 3 weeks rent each pay in October - DONE!
- Stash $200 extra each pay in October for living expenses during salary switch – didn't happen
Switched to staff broadband plan = $660 a year saving
No Big Wins this month, but some are not too far away
- Actually opened my superannuation statement for the first time in years and discovered it’s performing well, and I’m further along than I thought
- Added 1% of my pre-tax salary to the 9% government contribution to boost it to an even 10% ongoing
- Found AUS$165 in foreign currency in my travel wallet to put towards credit card debts
- Started a new job on the 22nd that comes with a substantial pay rise
- Created a new budget to take into November
- Set some smart short and long term goals for my finances, with an initial focus on September 1st 2008
- Identified I have too much stuff and need to throw/give away or sell a large amount of it
Paid over $1000 to get my house in order – literally (and needed to put most of that on credit cards)