November closed out Q1 of my debt reduction ‘financial year’ (what am I like?) OK. Even with a few bumps along the way I think I've pulled things back into line after the mess that was October.
First of all let’s see how I did with my:
- Maximise debt snowball payments this month – Done!, the numbers are definitely down this month.
- Live to new budget – Done! I’m a complete convert to the envelope system for bills/purchases that can’t be automated.
- Stash $300 into starter emergency fund – Done! Granted I have an ‘emergency’ next month with moving, but at least it’s in there waiting to be used.
- Send off 'find my super' paperwork and consolidate all my superannuation into one account – Half Done - found all the super, but haven’t rolled it over yet.
Savings Identified and Actioned
No additional savings found this month
No Big Wins this month
- Located all my old superannuation accounts to roll over into my current account.
- Stuck to my new budget for the whole month, I’m really chuffed with myself about this one I have to say.
- Didn't fall to pieces when my real estate agent gave me 60 days to vacate my very cheap apartment.
- Didn't pay any late or overdue fees on my credit cards
- Finally claimed all my work travel expenses (won’t be reimbursed until December though)
Hurdles And Dips
Need to move before January 24, 2008. I was paying way below market rate for the rent on my unit so I’ll be looking at at least an extra $45 a week ($195 a month) when I move, which will slow the snowball somewhat.