Made at home naturally! I made this last night and froze the other 3 serves for lunches or home made ‘ready meals for later in the week.
Pasta 'Bolognaise' – 4-5 Generous Serves
- 500g Packet Pasta $0.49
- 500g Beef Mince $2.50
- 500g Jar Pasta Sauce $1.89
- 1 Decent Sized Onion $0.62
- ½ Pack Grated Fresh Parmesan $2.09
I’m sure most folk would know what to do with these ingredients, but just in case:
- Put a pot of water on to boil for the pasta.
- Chop and sauté the onion in approx 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the mince and brown, breaking up any lumps as you go.
- Add the pasta sauce. I also add a splash of water into the sauce jar and give it a shake to get the extra sauce out and add that in too.
- Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook to directions, usually 11-13 minutes.
- Drain the pasta when ready, pop it back into the pot and pour the sauce over the pasta
- Mix it all together, dish up into serves and add grated parmesan.
- Eat with gusto!
Total Cost = $7.59 or $1.90 (4) - $1.52 (5) per serve. Bargain!
What I love about this one is it’s so quick, yet so comforting and satisfying. Not to mention easy on the food budget!
This in no way resembles the proper Spaghetti Bolognaise my Mum makes of course. That was from scratch and took hours, and was/is truly awesome.
Do you have a favourite frugal meal you make regularly? I'd love to hear about it!