The Ugly Truth
- Personal Loan: -$21,173
- Credit Card 1: -$6,704
- Credit Card 2: -$8,482
- Credit Card 3: -$5,466
- Credit Card 4: -$11,197
- Credit Card 5: (paid in full)
- Credit Card 6: (paid in full) - Hurrah!
- Credit Card 7: (paid in full)
- Emergency Fund: +$2,012
- Car Fund (Maintenance & Registration): +$1
- Short Term Goal Fund: +$1,006 (Current goal is new bedroom furniture)
- Home Deposit Fund ($60,000 Goal): +$1,000
- UK Tour Fund ($10,000 Goal): +$500
Total: -$53,022 – nearly under $52K!
Debt reduced from last month: +$1,412
Debt reduced from Sep 2007: +$3,750
Not a bad month all up, a smidge over $1400 of my debt reduced. Had a few expenses here and there, including getting my car serviced, nothing major to speak of though.
Paid off credit card number 6, which was a great feeling. That meant the UK Tour Fund didn't see any love this month though, maybe next month I’ll be able to add something.
My pay increase kicked in; as did the tax cuts we were given as part of the last Federal budget, so that’s made a nice change to my take home pay.
A couple of my credit cards increased their interest rates yet again, in fact Card Number 3 jumped 2% in one go! Lucky that’s my focus card now, and I’m still confident I’ll be able to have it paid off entirely by December 31.
That means I’ll hit 4 out of 5 of the 2008 financial goals I’d set myself, which I’m more than OK with.
Roll on payday.