Monday 9 February 2009

Bushfire Appeal

I have to say that after an incredibly sad weekend watching the devastation unfold in Victoria, I’m really impressed with how my company has responded to assist those impacted by the fire and to assist them in their efforts to try and rebuild their lives.

As of this morning:

  • Portable mobile base stations are being prepared for deployment and field staff from NSW and South Australia are on standby to assist with the efforts. Dozens of mobile base stations in Victoria were damaged leading to pockets of the mobile network being off the air, when communications are a vital part of the fire fighting and recovery process.

  • To assist customers who have lost property as a result of the bushfires, the company will be wiping all charges on all their services for up to 3 months effective immediately.

  • In addition, the company will be offering free Prepaid mobile handsets with recharge credits to the value of $1000, to customers who have had either their home phone or mobile services disrupted.

  • A Bushfire appeal is being set up specifically for staff to make a pre-tax donation through salary sacrifice. The company will match funds donated by staff.

If you would like to make a donation you can do so online through the Australian Red Cross.

Subscribe in a reader or Subscribe via email

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/2/09 21:21

    It's gratifying to have the whole community respond to such a horrific chapter in Australian history. As much as I love the Australian bush, it does burn. I certainly hope to never face the firestorms that the survivors have endured. My work is currently responding to the bushfires too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/2/09 02:11

    I have been thinking about the Australian bloggers that I "know". Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous15/2/09 00:40

    I am amazed at how powerful and giving the Australian spirit has been!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This devastation did not lead to the coverage it deserved in the international media, I think. I wish the Australian country and her hardy people a swift and sure healing. Is there any insurance that they have caught the individual(s) involved in starting the fires?
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, where are you? Every thing ok?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Nice post! Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Harry
    harry.roger10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete