The Ugly Truth
- Personal Loan: -$20,750
- Credit Card 1: -$6,287
- Credit Card 2: -$8,382
- Credit Card 3: -$5,297
- Credit Card 4: -$10,988
- Credit Card 5: (paid in full)
- Credit Card 6: (paid in full)
- Credit Card 7: (paid in full)
- Emergency Fund: +$2,012
- Car Fund (Maintenance & Registration): +$1
- Short Term Goal Fund: +$1,006 (Current goal is new bedroom furniture)
- Home Deposit Fund ($60,000 Goal): +$1,000
- UK Tour Fund ($10,000 Goal): +$500
Debt reduced from last month: +$1,318
Debt reduced from Sep 2007: +$5,068
Not a bad month all up, a smidge over $1300 of my debt reduced. Had a few expenses here and there, I did find myself spending a lot more freely than I have over the last few months though, lunches and dinners out, bought a couple of trashy novels and things like that, which showed in my lack of Goal & Travel fund increases. I need to tighten back up on this.
The limit increase has come through on Credit Card 4, so I’ll arrange to have the balance of Credit Card 3 transferred over to it as soon as they can. I’d like to see if I can get Card 1 & 2 combined somehow too, to reduce the total number of cards I still have and the number of monthly bills I’m actually paying.
Goals for September:
- Get Personal loan under $20,000
- Get total credit card debt under $30,000
This means I’ll hit the major milestone of my debt being under $50,000, which will be a great feeling!
This also marks the end of my first year of my blog & debt reduction plan, which I’ll post about separately.
Roll on payday.